The Master Tonic is a must have remedy for cold/flu season or when traveling.
- 1 part fresh chopped garlic
- 1 part fresh chopped onion
- 1 part fresh grated ginger root
- 1 part fresh grated horseradish root
- 1 part fresh chopped cayenne peppers or any hot peppers seasonally available
- Organic apple cider vinegar
- Fill a glass mason jar 3/4 of the way full with equal parts by volume of the above fresh chopped and grated herbs. Wear gloves when chopping the hot peppers.
- Fill jar to the top with raw apple cider vinegar. Close the lid tightly and shake.
- Shake at least once a day for two weeks, and then filter the Master Tonic mixture through a clean piece of cloth, bottle and label.
- Make sure that when you make this tonic that you shake it every time you walk by it, a minimum of once per day. Remember that all the herbs and vegetables for the Master Tonic should be fresh and organically grown if possible. Use dried herbs only in an emergency.
Use only fresh and preferably organically grown herbs if possible as this will make the most potent and effective Master Tonic. Substitute dried herbs only in an emergency if fresh is unavailable.
If one of the ingredients is not available (fresh horseradish is difficult during certain times of the year), then substitute another hot pepper such as habanero.